Introduction to Online Gambling
As you go from one casino website to another, it might look arbitrary regarding choosing the best casino to play at. It is important to keep in mind that quality does matter; this is why you should check the quality of the website. Also, look at things such as if the casino is properly licensed, can players from any country play, what is the payout rate, etc. The last tip is always to trust your first impression. If at any point you have any doubts about the casino, it’s policies or how they conduct business, leave it immediately.
Since online gambling is a relatively young industry, there are many good and bad online casinos. Being careful about where you choose to play is important. Fortunately, all of the top casino brands in the online gambling world are regulated by respectable and reputed agencies. Which also means they are usually audited and tested for fairness by top auditing agencies such as eCOGRA and TST Labs. However, with that said, there are still many unlicensed casinos floating on the internet as well. As a result, it is vital for your safety to choose only licensed and audited casinos.
The Basics of Playing Online
1. Download or Instant Play:
When you choose an online casino, you will find one of two ways to enjoy its offered games. There is the downloadable software, and there is the Java or the Flash-based software. There are pros and cons for each type. For instance, the Java-based casino gives players the chance to enjoy the casino games immediately through their web browser without having to install software or its games. On the other hand, the downloadable version does require a download, but it offers a bigger collection of games with better graphics and sounds. So if you are looking for an enjoyable gambling experience of the highest quality, you should choose the downloadable casino. On the other hand, if you are looking for a quick and fast experience, the Flash or Java-based version is the suitable choice. Some casinos offer you a free CD version of the software that they can mail it to you as well.
2. Creating an Account:
Whether you have chosen the Java or the download version, you will have to create an account on the chosen casino. The account that you create will let you play on the downloadable version and the Java version of the casino. Creating the account can be done on the website of the casino, or it can be done through the software itself. The registration process includes providing the casino with some essential personal data including first name, last name, user name, email address, physical address and some other details.
3. Handling the Banking:
After creating the account, it is time to start playing. Some casinos let players try the games for fun with practice credits so they can test the games before placing real money. If you intend to place real money wagers, you will have to deposit some money into your account so you can gamble with it. You will head to the cashier section of the casino and make a deposit. Most casinos support numerous traditional and alternative payment methods. This includes Skrill, bank transfers, Western Union, Click2Pay, ClickandBuy and Neteller among others. Choose the method that is suitable for you and make a deposit. Since it is your first one, make sure to check if the casino has any special welcome bonuses or promotions so you can use their code while making a deposit to claim the bonus.
Once the money arrives at the casino account, you will be able to start playing. Before engaging in any game, it is important to check the rules. This is because there are casinos that favor the European Rules while others favor the American Rules. These rules vary greatly so you should check them to know what you are getting yourself into. After playing, whether you win or lose, you will be able to cash out your winnings or your remaining balance. Of course, if you have claimed any promotional credit, it is important to clear it by meeting the wagering requirements before you can withdraw it. These requirements can be found in the Terms and Conditions on the promotion page. If you are planning to return soon to play again, you should just leave the money in the account, it is safe, and it will not go anywhere. If you want to withdraw, you can head to the cashier and ask for a withdrawal through the supported methods. Some casinos offer specific methods for withdrawals and others for deposits and others offer the same for both.
The Pros & Cons of Online Gambling
Of course, there is an enormous difference between gambling online and betting in a land-based casino. This brings a long list of pros as well as cons. Below we will mention the different pros and cons of online gambling when compared to land-based gambling.
1. Online gambling is a very competitive industry; this is why a lot of casinos offer great promotions & bonuses to attract players and keep them playing at the casino. This includes sign up promotions’ that can add up to 150% of their original deposit as well as regular promotions and tournaments.
2. The rules of the games are much better than the ones at the land-based casinos.
3. Players will not have to travel long distances as they can enjoy it from their home.
4. Gamblers will not have to endure annoyances and inconveniences such as smokers and drunken players.
5. Online players will not feel obligated to pay tips to the dealers.
6. Players can find a variety of games that cover different gambling genres.
7. The ability to enjoy different versions of the games at the same place
1. Players will have to be patients when it comes to getting their money after they request a cashout. This is because most payment methods can take from three up to 5 working days.
2. Customer service can be tricky depending on the casino. Some casinos offer top-notch customer support that is available around the clock and can be reached through many methods. Other casinos might not provide a phone number, and they take several days before responding to emails.
3. Players will not be able to ask for a dispute. Unlike physical casinos, players are not permitted to ask for a dispute as the word of the casino is final and beyond questioning.
4. If a player is enjoying online gambling at numerous casinos, the credit card statement can become a true nightmare. This is because the transactions in the statement rarely mention the casino’s name as they only give the merchant bank.
Although there are cons, they are quickly overwhelmed with the pros of making online gambling fun and exciting experience for everyone.
Online Casino Blacklist
Casinos are keen to back and support each other, and this includes sharing their blacklists. This is why if a player ends up on the blacklist of a casino; there is a big chance that he will not be welcomed at other online casinos. There are numerous reasons include credit card fraud, using other people’s credit cards, threatening to dispute and manipulating the software among other reasons.
Promotions & Bonuses
Online casinos know that the main reason players gamble online is money. This is why they rely on attractive bonuses and promotions to encourage players to sign up. The most common bonus is the welcome promotion, also referred to as a sign-up bonus. This bonus can be claimed by new players, some of these bonuses require a deposit and others do not. These bonuses can give players free money (with a maximum of 15 credits), and others can match the first deposit of players up to 150% giving players a lot of free credits to wager with at the casino. Of course, with such generous promotions come strict wagering requirements. These wagering requirements obligate players to bet the bonus amount a specific number of times before it can be withdrawn. Players who ask for a withdrawal before meeting the requirements will forfeit the bonus credit. Players can find all about the bonuses and the attached wagering requirements of the Terms and Conditions tab on the promotion’s page. Players can also contact support to know more about the bonus.
Choosing the Best Online Casino
As a new online player, you will find plenty of options when it comes to online casinos. They will all claim to offer the best service, which is not true as some of them offer higher quality than others. So to help you decide, we will mention some points that you should pay attention to when you are choosing an online casino.
1. It has to have a generous welcome bonus that you can claim to double up your money as you start your gambling journey.
2. 24/7 Customer support that is available through various means of contact including live chat and a phone number
3. The licensing of the casino
4. The software developers that power it and provides it with games
5. It has to support numerous banking options including the one you use.
6. The gambling group that owns and operates the casino
7. The auditing firm that audits the games